Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting Back Into the Groove


I'll be the first to admit it: for someone who really loves writing, and particularly enjoys spending time blogging, I'm pretty legendarily awful at updating in a timely manner.

The simple truth is that, when other things start piling up and I get stressed out about my condition, an activity that takes patience and brainpower is usually the first to go. Especially when I should, by all accounts, be working on writing that will, you know, justify the nice diploma frame I just invested in (because really, if that doesn't motivate me, nothing will [...and that's what scares me...]).

Anyway, this is my ceremonial, every-so-often-after-a-long-period-of-neglect post where I promise I'll be more diligent with my postings in the coming weeks. I swear.

As a gesture of good will, you can take a look over at my other blog, where I'm making better on the good-faith gesture that LibraryThing makes in me, by actually reviewing some of the Early Reviewer books they've sent to me. (Some of them are really good, too!)

Until then, know that I appreciate your endless patience while I deal with the mostly unfunny transition from the comforting craziness of grad school to the scary excitement of trying to find a job with a liberal arts degree in a shitty economic market.

Because really, what do I have to worry about?

No comments: