Thursday, May 14, 2009

You Can Take the Internet from the Boy...


It's been a relatively uneventful past few days. Which is pretty much precisely how I like it. Ever since classes ended on May 1, and my work was submitted on May 4, I've been lazy as hell and loving every second of it. Someone once said something along the lines of, "The joy is not in having nothing to do. It's in having lots to do and not doing it anyway." To that person I say: bullshit. My idle hands couldn't be happier right now.

So after a brief jaunt home and a lovely drunken blowout on Tuesday, I woke up early Wednesday morning and decided to take a mystery trip. Though there were a few hiccups (which I will of course detail in a later post), it went off without a hitch. Unfortunately, the downside is that, while stuck in my wireless-free apartment or out of town, I had no Internet access for about 36 hours. No big deal, right?

Yeah, tell that to my Twitter.

So in the interest of catching up on my Internet tendencies without flooding my own Twitter page with about twelve thousand consecutive @replies, I will herein post a series of short comments on some of the things I missed on the World Wide Web over the past two days:

  • Wait a second. Jack White has another side project?! For God's sake, man, I understand that The Raconteurs are better than The White Stripes, but each new supergroup will not be better than the last, I promise you!
  • A great story about why the Yankees haven't made the World Series since 2003. Couldn't have anything to do with pitching, could it?
  • Texts From Last Night is quickly turning into my favorite site on the Internet ever. My Life Is Crap, you need to step up your game.
  • I'm genuinely curious to see if any Twitterers or Facebookers actually respond to Karen's offer of a Sega Saturn. I'd take it, but I'm a bona fide, certified Nintendo geek.
  • If this qualifies as a one-way ticket to Hell, I'm truly fucked.
  • I know I already addressed TFLN, but this is just fucking spectacular (NSFW).
  • Seriously considering buying tickets to Kevin Smith's performance at Carnegie Hall. Anyone else interested?
  • In a related story, I love that Kevin's hockey jersey is #37, even though I should expect nothing less.
  • I know where this area code is...ROFL!
  • After receiving three text messages and seeing the remaining 140 characters of Karen's Tweet on Amaretto spent on "mmmmmm (etc.)," I think I may need to pick up some Disaronno from the Wine & Spirits Shoppe on the way home from campus today.
  • This eBay auction must have shown up on my Twitter feed at least seven or eight times in the last day. I'M NOT GOING TO BUY IT, DAMN IT.
  • Scare quotes rule. "Accidentally." Suuuuuuuure...
  • New York Times article on absinthe confirms my original suspicion: the Lucid set with glasses and a spoon was a good value, but in the future, I should really purchase Kübler.
  • It's friends-only so you'll have to take my word for it, but when people you know Tweet texts from last night, they're much better than mere anonymous TFLNs.
  • OFF-TOPIC: The radio station in Mackinnon's just started playing "Eruption." AWESOME.
  • Everyone's semester grades are ending up far better than expected, myself included. I like this trend.
  • Finally reached the top of my feed! Not sure if I'm happy or sad...

Well, that was exciting. Or not. Time will tell. But since I do need some more excitement in my life, it's time to head to Hulu and catch up on this week's 24.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

First off, I forgot your bullets were little flowers and it makes me smile, but more importantly...
-The Dead Weather is old news, kiddo. Even the radio has been talking about them.

-Pitching? The Yankees? You don't say. They've only needed to get that together since...forever.

-There are some pretty funny TFLN from Jersey on the website.

-We are all going directly to hell. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

-Hooray for suprisingly good semester grades.

That is all.

Unknown said...

Dude, F My Life is so much better than My Life Is Crap. Start reading that one instead.

Anonymous said...

i would be interested in seeing kevin smith at carnegie hall.

Dave said...

Liz, I read both. Both still pale in comparison to TFLN. YOU start reading THAT.

And John, let's talk. Soon.

Unknown said...

If you're still looking, count me in for the Kevin Smith thing too. School won't have ended for me by then, but screw it.