Monday, March 23, 2009

O Sweet, Glorious Irony!


I've had Guitar Hero: World Tour for a mere five days now. I've already logged twenty hours of playing time.

As far as I'm concerned, my productivity coming to a screeching halt is the gravest concern that I'll be dealing with in regards to the game over the next six weeks.

But last night, as Darrell and I enjoyed a gig just a few short minutes after the start of my apartment complex's "quiet hours," a knock at the door beckoned yet another concern.

It's official: my incessant Guitar Heroics have already pissed off the neighbors.

Unfortunately for said neighbor, she failed on two counts. Firstly, because when trying to ask someone to stop the noise, it's probably best to be as civil and humane as possible. Try, say, "Could you please quiet down? We live right downstairs and it's late." Or maybe, "Do you think you might wrap it up soon? It's after quiet hours."

Not, "Will that banging ever stop?"

Which is an issue because, secondly, if there's anyone in the complex who has no claim to complain about annoying noises emanating from someone else's apartment on account of the annoying noises coming from her own, she's the one.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the "Will that howling ever stop?" conversation.

No comments: